Education is the cornerstone of our community, providing a strong foundation for the entire area, leading the state in both public and private educational insitutions.
Local schools are a great source of pride for Monroe County and the surrounding areas, setting the standard for education from early childhood through the graduate level.
Rochester Area Public Schools
- Brighton Central School District
- Brockport Central School District
- Churchville-Chili Central School District
- East Irondequoit Central School District
- East Rochester Central School District
- Fairport Central School District
- Gates-Chili Central School District
- Greece Central School District
- Hilton Central School District
- Honeoye Falls- Lima Central School District
- Monroe BOCES #1
- Penfield Central School District
- Pittsford Central School District
- Rochester City School District
- Rush-Henrietta Central School District
- Spencerport Central School District
- Victor Central School District
- Webster Central School District
- West Irondequoit Central School District
- Wheatland-Chili Central School District
Rochester Area Private Schools
- Allendale Columbia
- Aquinas Institute
- Bishop Kearney
- Cobblestone School
- McQuaid Jesuit
- Montessori School
- Norman Howard
- Rochester School for the Deaf
- Trinity Montessori School
Rochester Area Colleges and Universities
- St. John Fisher College
St. John Fisher College is an independent, liberal arts institution in the Catholic tradition of American higher education. There is an emphasis on liberal learning both for students in traditional academic disciplines and for those in more directly career-oriented fields.
- University of Rochester
University of Rochester is a private institution providing the academic opportunities of a renowned university and an environment scaled to the individual.
- Nazareth College
Founded in 1924 by the Sisters of St. Joseph, Nazareth College is an independent, liberal arts college for men and women. The college's mission is to educate students in the liberal arts and sciences and in professional fields, with the goal of fostering lifelong commitment to intellectual, ethical, and aesthetic values.
- Rochester Institute of Technology
Selected by U.S. News and World Report as the number one comprehensive university in the North for academic reputation.
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- State University at Brockport
The SUNY Brockport curriculum brings an international focus to almost every discipline among our 37 undergraduate majors.
- State University at Geneseo
The College was founded in 1871 as the Wadsworth Normal and Training School and is now a distinctive member of the State University of New York system of schools.
- State University at Oswego
- Monroe Community College
Monroe Community College was founded in 1961 as part of a statewide system of two-year institutions designed to provide technical, para-professional, and university-parallel education.
- Finger Lakes Community College
- Eastman School of Music
An Eastman School education is designed to prepare graduates for a lifelong involvement with music. A community of performers and scholars gathers each year at Eastman, inspired to give their strongest and most creative energies to musical pursuits.
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Keuka College